April 1, 1947. Seven
years after the 1938 hurricane, the flood shoal has grown dramatically. The
main channel through the inlet had migrated away from the west shore revetment
and extends out to sea in a NW-SE direction. Two channels formerly circled the
flood shoal, but at this date, the east channel has shoaled next to the east
shoreline of the inlet. The main channel now turns west and follows the bay
shoreline to the west. A spit has grown out from the west shore, and a sand bar
is located in the mouth of the inlet.